Affiliate Dreams

Millions of people all over the world are making some sort of income with affiliate programs/associates. I would like to see if it really works, how it works, and what it takes to make it work. I will post what I learn.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Adwords was a dream, now a nightmare

I started out with Dentalplans because I had used it and I realized that many people have no insurance so a lot of them would need this product. Since I used it and like it, I felt good about offering the services to others. I started advertising with adwords. I used a set of keywords, put my daily dollar limit to $5.00, my keywords at a maximum of $0.50 and went to bed. I woke up to 2 sales a total of $80 my FIRST DAY. I was so very excited I couldn't believe it actually worked. Then I went to check out adwords account. It only updated every few hours so it was still saying $0 charged to my account. I completely forgot that it might not be right that I have to wait a few more hours and see. So I'm thinking I wasn't charged anything and so I raised the price of the keywords. Next two days nothing, barely any clicks on ads and no revenue. I was back to disappointment.

Another 2 days went by still nothing. Just that $80 staring back at me. I went again to adwords account to see that almost all of my keywords were disabled because my price wasn't high enough. I raised the prices and raised them until most were at 8 or 9 dollars a PIECE. I also had to raise daily limit to $30. Now 3 days later I had to pause adword advertising because I still only have $80 from 2 sales and I now owe adwords $98. So I lost money instead of gaining. I'm off to find another way to advertise. This has slowly turned into a nightmare. Only a week and I'm ready to call it quits. I knew it would be hard but wow this is ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home